Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A query that worked! Woo hoo!

Alas, I did not make it into the final round of the agent pitch. Those of you that did, you deserve a huge measure of congratulations for a job well done! I read most of the queries and first 150 words and I must say that I saw some stellar writing. Best of luck to each and every one of you!

Now, as for me...

I pared my query down. Waaaaay down. I even titled it "experiment." Then I sent to four agents, and

...drumroll please...

I promptly received requests for two fulls and two partials! I am ecstatic! Of course now I feel horrible that I wasted the effort sending my disastrous query to about ten agents...so wasteful! But this entire journey is a learning curve to be sure, and I guess I'm a learning!

Now I will focus on sending my experimental query to more agents and hope.

And wait.

And hope.

And wait some more. I feel as though good things are right around the corner. I hope they are for you as well.

Happy writing!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new version of the query! Good luck with the submissions too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!