Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Excuse me, is this a bad time?

Happy Tuesday! Four day workweek this week -- yeah baby!

I recently read that right now is a bad time to query agents. Well, not bad perhaps, but not optimal either. The agent's post basically said that due to the heat and summer's winding down, they weren't as inclined to get cozy with a cup of tea and read (and respond to) our query letters.

Any thoughts on this? I am new to querying so any insights as to timing would be greatly appreciated. Like  all unpublished authors, I need all the help I can get!!!

2 comments:

  1. I've heard that about August, but I think I've also seen that they start picking up about now. Temperatures start to cool off, vacations are more infrequent, kids are back in school. I think now's a good time to query, enough so that I'm sending my queries out now. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess we'll see! I'm querying (slowly) in hopes that agents are in front of their computers and feeling receptive! Good luck to you as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!